If you’ve ever found yourself unable to access a journal article locked behind a paywall, either off or on campus, this tip will help you easily get through any journal or database to which your institution subscribes on your behalf if they use EZ Proxy.
- Click the hamburger/options button on your browser (top right above sign in)
- Select Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager
- Copy this text:
- From the Bookmark Manager hamburger/option menu, choose ‘Add new bookmark’
- Name your bookmark ‘Reload with Proxy’ and paste the copied code into the URL field.
- Next time you reach an article paywall, open your bookmark menu and select your ‘Reload with Proxy’ bookmark. You will be asked to login to your Institutional account and given access if your Institution subscribes to that database.